ginger afternoons

Sunday, October 24, 2010

[ ♡ ] Eye Primer Testing - Loreal, NYX, Smashbox



So I did an earlier post about my new Sephora purchases and included was a Smashbox Photofinish Eyelid Primer. This is the fourth lid primer I've tried and after using it a few days I can finally give a solid review. I've decided to compare it to the other three primers I already have and did a swatch to see which one yields the richest color. My lighting is not wonderful but here are the results!

Photobucket
Photobucket
As you can see, the NYX primer does the best job yielding the most intense color payout. I used a taupe color from a Maybellene quad to do this because I wanted to see what happens to lighter colors and shadows that aren't that pigmented to begin with. If I had done a color from UD, well, you wouldn't see that much difference.

You can also see that the loreal decrease actually makes the shadow lighter than the shadow on its own. The Smashbox comes in a close second but still loses to NYX.

Happy Priming!

No comments:

Post a Comment