ginger afternoons

Sunday, October 24, 2010

[ ♡ ] 30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 7


Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

No picture but I would say my dad. In my family I clash with my dad the most but its mostly because we're a lot a like. My parents are very different because my mom is calm and quiet and a bit of a push over while my dad is loud, decisive, stubborn and always right. Even though I disagree with him on a number of things, I've learned that we handle things in the same manner. We're both quick to take in a situation without dwelling on shock or the past, decide fairly and execute. We're both believers of creating your own fate and at the same time are cognizant of all the consequences and necessary allowances to make for other people or the community.

He never skips an opportunity to lecture and give advice but he is usually fair and correct. I remember most of the things he has said to me and it has definitely impacted who I am today. Some major pieces of advice he's given me are:
1.) surround yourself with people you want to be like ( so for example, not bums or druggies,) people who can challenge you to be the person you want to be and people who gives you the competition you need to surpass and succeed even your own expectations
2.) Reputation is important. People will respect you if you're not a screw up basically.

Really, this is odd for me to say because to most people, my dad and I don't get along but that doesn't mean I don't listen to him. In fact I even listen to his advice when it's not directed at me.


♡ PaNhia

No comments:

Post a Comment