ginger afternoons

Sunday, October 24, 2010

[ ♡ ] Daily Outing – Café Latte & Grand Avenue



Yesterday I met up with Ph & Choua to go check out café latte on Grand and Victoria. We’ve never been there before and decided we would go see it. I’ve heard of it before and read reviews but have never had a chance to go because it was out of the way with no highways near and if you know me you know I can’t stand being on small roads too long.
Photobucket
But we went yesterday and it was better than I imagined! It was so cute and modern but still comfortable and gave off a vibe of ease and relaxation.
Photobucket
Here is what it looks like when you enter and it’s actually located on the corner inside a mini-plaza with a small boutique in back and next to Bonfire. The café functions sort of like a cafeteria or mall eatery where you grab a tray and go down the line deciding what you want and then pay at the end.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ph & Choua in front of me and below is me!
Photobucket
Ph got a ceaser salad with wheat bread. Choua got a pasta and I got a chicken ceaser pasta with sourdough bread. What’s great about Café Latte were the extremely cheap prices! My meal was $6! And it was delicious!
After paying, we went upstairs and let me tell you it was a feat! I had on only semi-heels but if you look at the picture of the staircase going up, you’ll see that the steps don’t have a filled in backing so if you put your foot in there too far, you get stuck and fall and die lol so I was super careful walking up.
Photobucket
This is the view from above.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here is my pasta salad, it was great! The other great thing about being upstairs is the view. It really reminded me of being in a second floor café in Korea!
Photobucket
After we left café latte and I went to change parking spots (30 min limit before) we walked around grand ave and found a store called Ten thousand villages.
Photobucket
It’s actually a great store because its fair trade with handmade things from villages all over the world where the makers name their own prices. On each product tag, it tells where the product is from.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After that we went down to Dale & Selby where I saw a boutique earlier called Primp but when we got there, the sign said it was closed on Mondays so we made a plan to go back on Friday!

♡ PaNhia

No comments:

Post a Comment